The Fleet Credit Analyst I is responsible for conducting financial analysis and preparing credit proposals for new and existing commercial customers. This team member also provides appropriate recommendations and supporting documentation to mitigate risk. Duties will include daily interaction with dealership personnel and commercial borrowers to determine financing needs and to obtain necessary financial information.
- Accurately analyze financial statements of commercial borrowers, assign accurate risk ratings and provide appropriate recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Interface with dealership personnel and customers to obtain data to complete analysis and ensure customer expectations are managed.
- Prepare accurate and concise credit proposals and provide appropriate recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Assists in monitoring Lines of Credit portfolio performance communicating issues and opportunities to CVL Management and Sales as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Fleet Credit Manager - CVL
- Direct Reports: None
- Advanced knowledge of indirect retail auto financing including knowledge of credit laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of the credit decision process and documentation involved.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and financial statement analysis.
- Proficient in intermediate MS Word and Excel applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently evaluate and make consistent, quality credit decisions within company guidelines.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and capable of managing multiple opportunities simultaneously.
- Sales skills necessary to develop and maintain productive dealer relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Two or more years of credit buying experience.
- Experience in automotive lending environment preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- High energy and fast paced office subject to stressful conditions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Work schedule may include some nights, weekends, or holidays.