Lexus of Portland is looking for a Finance Consultant to join our team in Portland, Oregon.
The Finance Consultant is responsible for maintaining satisfactory levels of gross profit and customer satisfaction in the sale of finance and insurance services and products. S/he has responsibility to create, where needed, and maintain processes for the sale of these products, which includes providing Sales Consultants with product information and training them on selling technique and on the proper preparation of paperwork. The Financial Services Consultant is responsible for assisting Sales consultants in the sale when necessary and may need to handle the sale by him/herself.
In addition, the Financial Consultant should maintain updated knowledge on all state and federal laws related to the department, including but not limited to cash disclosure requirements, damage disclosures, auto-industry and related banking laws, and provide this information to the Sales Consultants and Sales Managers. This role has the responsibility to review all related paperwork completed by the sales department personnel, and s/he should create processes to identify and correct errors in the paperwork prior to submission to the Administrative Office, financial institutions, DMV and other outside entities. They are the primary dealership contact for all finance source relations.
• Maintain successful F&I Operation
• Assure that all buyers are afforded the opportunity to purchase financing, payment protection and other products and services carried which are appropriate for the vehicle purchased
• Maintain a follow-up system for collecting one pay contracts and outstanding titles
• Obtain and maintain high customer satisfaction scores
• Process, review and analyze the credit report of customers
• Run customer credit reports, which include detailed credit history and confidential consumer data
• Analyze the credit history of the customer to determine the probability of the bank accepting the credit application
• Maintain knowledge of finance and insurance products and manufacturers policies
• Train and manage sales consultants in product and paperwork related to F&I Products
• Maintain knowledge of industry; create and maintain relationships with industry contacts
• Assist the desk managers as necessary
• 2-5 years of experience as automotive finance manager preferred
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to provide excellent customer service
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Kuni Lexus of Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a drug free workforce. We participate in eVerify as part of our onboarding process.
A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required.
All applications should be emailed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Finance, Consultant, Accounting