MAG is globally represented with locations in Germany, in the US, China, India, Hungary, UK, and Switzerland.
With a strong foundation based upon renowned machine tool brands such as BOEHRINGER, Cross Hüller, Ex-Cell-O, and Lamb, MAG has become a global player since its founding in 2005. MAG serves the automotive and truck industries and their suppliers with unmatched technology and expertise.
MAG offers machine tools, manufacturing systems, and services including turning, milling, honing, systems integration, automation, software, maintenance, retrofit, e-learning, and core components for machine tools.
As full scale supplier, MAG manufacturing solutions include machining technology, process capability, system design and full turnkey systems.
MAG is seeking a team player with above average work habits, who is also able to work independently, to join the team as a Estimating Engineer!
This person will prepare accurate, timely cost estimates of manufacturing equipment including associated material handling, third party equipment, special cutting tools, and all other pricing issues for MAG Automotive products and services.
Here are some projects this person will oversee on a daily basis:
- Prepare budgetary or detailed cost estimates for new and reworked special machines, CNC machines, and complete manufacturing system using MAG estimating templates and cost references when available
- Prepare after sale change requests (ASCR) with input from the Program Management and Project Engineering team.
- Work with the proposal engineer to select appropriate reference projects, research actual cost data when available, may solicit and recap supplier quotations, to arrive at an accurate cost estimate.
This person will also:
- Prepare customer pricing summary sheets with agreed selling prices.
- Support sales staff with answers to customer questions and concerns including the preparation of cost analysis documents to justify or selling prices; presentation of these documents to our end customer.
- Prepare internal cost studies to show the impact of gross margin revisions, sales discounts, alternative purchasing or manufacturing strategies etc.
- Prepare Final Management Review (FMR) to document the finalized selling price and associated cost factors, and management adjustments to the standard estimate.
- Prepare as-sold cost estimates to facilitate the release of budget by pre-engineering personnel.
- Assist in sales order review meetings for profit/loss analysis.
- Maintain estimating benchmarks. Recommend necessary changes to management.
MAG cherishes its workforce. 30% of our team has been with us for 25+ years. MAG values its team and sets itself apart by offering:
- Opportunities for growth, development and promotion
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
- Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off
- Occasional travel is common in this position if desired.