Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for an Associate Engineer position within the Site Pro 1 Business. This position will be located within our Site Pro 1 Plymouth, Indiana location. Valmont Site Pro 1 is a distributor of wireless communication tower components. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist with the structural analysis and design of products to be quoted and fabricated by our manufacturing facilities. Additionally, you will . . .
- Perform routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design tasks
- Analyze and design communication structures by FEM and other structural design software to appropriate codes taking into consideration both public safety and minimum cost
- Interpret customer specifications, customer needs and market/sales needs
- Communicate engineering data to customers both internal and external
- Assisting sales with pricing and quoting information as it relates to engineering
What it takes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Emphasis
- Successful completion of Engineer-in-Training Certificate
- Strong technical competence in structural engineering
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, especially: Excel, Word and Outlook
- The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- PE certification, or the ability to obtain PE within one year of employment
- One year experience in a structural engineering role
- Strong CAD skills including design applications
- Knowledge or understanding of computer programming
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner and be an integral part of a team environment
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].