We are currently seeking a ELECTRICAL AND PROCESS CONTROLS ENGINEER for our SPARTANBURG, SC plant. This position is the resident expert on all things electrical which includes from large voltage to PLC's.
Working closely with the Spartanburg team, you would be involved in maintaining our current operations as well as converting a line to new controls. The ideal candidate will have electrical expertise , great problem solving skills, up for periodic challenges and works well in a collaborative environment. Position reports directly to the plant engineer.
The Spartanburg, South Carolina plant produces a variety of polyester reinforcement, filtration and specialty fabrics using JM-proprietary Spunbond technology. As an internal supplier to JM's Roofing Systems Group and several other commercial roofing manufacturers, Spartanburg's DuraSpun and DuraGrid product lines can be found as a reinforcement in modified bitumen roofing applications worldwide. Other fabrics produced in Spartanburg are used in high performance composites, air/liquid filtration, geotextile and other specialty applications. The plant has three active production lines, is registered under the ISO-9001:2008 quality standards, and operates on a 24/7 schedule.
Work at JM is challenging and rewarding. You will receive the support of a global workforce that is committed to building a sustainable future for our customers, our employees, our owners and the communities in which we operate.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Bachelors Degree (minimum) in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 4+ years technical work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Multiple year experience in AC variable speed drives
- Experience in design, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting and repair of classic and simulated distributed control systems
- Experience in electrical power distribution, equipment, protection, sizing, and Arc Flash requirements
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in computer applications and analysis of process data
- CAD experience and ability to read and interpret electrical and control drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency with Rockwell/Allen Bradley systems
- Ability to work with cross functional team in a manufacturing environment
Additional Consideration Given For:
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in polymer science or textile manufacturing
- Supervisory experience and/or involvement with Self Directed Work Teams
- Experience with Fisher Provox and DeltaV control systems
- Experience in German variable speed drives / European control schemes
- Experience with data highway and communication systems
- Desire to progress in responsibility and leadership role
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.