Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer Internship
This is a part time/temporary position.
The CareerBuilder Re-Employment Initiative is a unique internship program with the objective of teaching IT skills to currently unemployed or underemployed. The program aims to choose highly-motivated people to embark on a six month "internship" job skills training program at CareerBuilder's Norcross Technology Headquarters. This paid program will consist of some classroom training followed by up to six months of on-the-job, hands-on training with an assigned CareerBuilder BI/Data Warehouse developer.
- A BI Intern will be challenged to learn technical coding skills in T-SQL and database design, Advanced Analytics tools like Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), SSAS Cubes, and other advanced business intelligence concepts related to data extraction, transformation, loading, scheduling, etc.
- A BI Intern will be exposed to IT task tracking and prioritization as well as lean/agile software development practices.
- BI Interns may deliver ad hoc reports and data analysis requests, data/report automation requests, or more complex ad hoc research requests.
- A BI Intern will partner with associated business unit to fulfill or build ad hoc solutions that make it easier for our business users to analyze our data and make better business decisions.
- A BI Intern will also partner with site development teams to gain knowledge of the generation of data.
- A BI Intern will be responsible for monitoring the usage of automation solutions and identifying patterns in order to recommend modifications to the Data Warehouse platform.
- Once a BI Intern is ramped up with the skills needed to contribute to the data and development team, he/she will play an active part in CareerBuilder projects.
- Delivers superior customer service; Seeks understanding prior to recommendations; Communicates effectively and concisely; Provides timely responses that meet service level expectations; May work on data or report automation using BI reporting tools; Follows the work prioritization defined by the business area leader or their delegate.
- Develop IT and Business relationships to improve understanding of CB 's business
- Expected to communicate openly and candidly with their Team Leader and other teammates regarding the status of their assigned tasks/projects. This includes both verbal and written communication.
- Expected to document solutions developed during internship.
- Expected to verify aggregations against existing production sources, validate terms and metadata used, and assesses complexity level for feasibility to automate.
- Expected to provide code reviews of work in-progress as needed.
- Expected to learn and understand our company values and lean software development principles.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Excel
- Strong interest in Entry Level IT training
- Willing to take the ownership of your professional & personal growth
- Ability to think in a logical & methodical manner
- Must have a desire to become technically minded in order to solve quantitative and qualitative problems
- Must have good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills, including presentations
- Ability to work alone (as an individual contributor), self-directed learning, handle tight deadlines, and be self-aware yet effective
- 1-2 year's work experience as a Data/Marketing/Product Analyst or
- Any software or web development or database coding experience or
- 2 years' previous experience in Customer Service, Account Management or analysis role
- Candidates who are currently unemployed or under employed or candidates returning from active military duty
Total Comp: $10hr at 20 hours a week
*This is a re-employment opportunity with the main goal of getting you back to work with the skill set you need to succeed in a career.
This position does not offer employment sponsorship.
All applicants will be assessed based on their past experiences and cover letter. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a passion to grow, desire/experience with Technology or Software, and a life story that demonstrates your drive to succeed despite obstacles which would prove your commitment to the program.
CareerBuilder, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.