The Corporate Rotational Analyst will be responsible for a range of duties including budgeting, forecasting, modeling, reporting, expense tracking and control, monitoring expenditures against forecasts and budgets, monthly reporting rhythms, ad-hoc project analysis, and providing regular financial and business analysis to management.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its ten global brands, which include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
What will I be doing?
The Corporate Rotational Analyst will complete two, seven-month rotations through finance and commercial services disciplines to gain exposure across the organization and develop analytical skills. In this program, the analyst will be responsible for a range of duties, including budgeting, forecasting, modeling, reporting, expense tracking and control, monitoring expenditures against forecasts and budgets, monthly reporting rhythms, ad hoc project analysis, and providing regular financial and business analysis to management. This position will analyze company performance for key reporting rhythms, including quarterly earnings. Following successful completion of the 14-month program, analysts will be placed permanently within the Finance or Commercial Services organization.
- Provide data management and analytical support for the development of the annual operating budget and forecasting processes.
- Analyze business performance using financial and statistical techniques to monitor business trends and the effectiveness of strategic initiatives. Understand implications on future performance.
- Handle incoming time-sensitive data requests for the investor relations team for public use.
- Be an active participant in and contributor to analytical discussions with all levels of management.
- Interact with key financial systems (ex: Hyperion Planning).
- Contribute to key financial reports for senior management.
- Build and enhance financial models to forecast and report on revenues, expenses, and financial performance.
- Create, improve, and maintain financial and business metrics reports and scorecards.
- Integrate complex analyses into recurring reports.
- Communicate financial report findings and provide quantitative, data-driven insight to teammates and company leaders to drive smart decision-making and improve business results.
- Perform ad hoc project analyses and respond to questions from the executive leadership and ownership teams as needed.
- Perform ad hoc project analysis as assigned to support the finance team.
- Drive standardization, simplification, and automation of financial reporting.
- Craft, develop, and implement creative solutions to business problems, both present and future (i.e., think ahead).
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with Director Business Analytics and leadership of rotational groups.
- Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Hospitality
High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels of management and effectively present to senior and executive management
Completed Hilton Worldwide corporate internship program
Proficiency with Oracle Smart View and Hyperion Essbase
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.