The Financial Analyst will provide financial support to business partners in the Full Service, Luxury and Lifestyle and Brand Innovation and Services areas. The Team Member will identify trends and business drivers that will impact future financial performance. The Financial Analyst will also develop business relationships, identify profitable opportunities, anticipate challenges, and devise and execute strategies to support their business areas in delivering and executing on strategic objectives.
What will I be doing?
The Financial Analyst will prepare and analyze financial reports for budget and forecasting purposes; perform business analyses to help optimize and manage costs; present financial results and interface with senior leadership to help achieve business goals. The Financial Analyst will prepare and analyze monthly financial performance reports and identify key trends that may impact future spending levels. The Team Member will also prepare variance reports and presentations and present monthly financials to business partners within the brands.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Recommend opportunities as necessary to ensure the brands meet annual expense targets
- Develop financial models using Excel, Hyperion and large datasets to identify areas of financial risk and opportunity
- Develop and maintain monthly forecasts for department projects and plans
- Understand and present business drivers and economics of brand program fee sources
- Collaborate with brands on project forecasts to assure accuracy of anticipated and committed spending
- Utilize PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Essbase, and Excel to maintain and build forecast models for accurate and rapid financial forecasts
- Assist and prepare the annual budgets
- Understand departmental cost structures and identify opportunities within budgets to drive efficiency
- Ensure proper fund allocations between departments and billings (to external customers and hotels) are accounted for accurately
- Work with Brands to assure sources and uses of funds are in line to achieve targeted fund balances
- Provide recommendations to improve fund balances as necessary
- Handle ad-hoc inquiries for invoice, check request, billing and expense reports issues
- Provide any additional support to GBCS Finance and GBCS functions as determined by the Vice President of Brand Finance or the Vice President of GBCS Finance
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Controller area or business unit finance role
- Ability to analyze financial, statistical, and operational data
- Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels of management and effectively present to senior and executive management
- Knowledge of business mathematics, including the ability to calculate percentage changes, averages and weighted averages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to understand and manipulate basic spreadsheets
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Proficiency with Oracle Smart View, Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working with and/or familiarity with Brand Funds and related financial support provided by Commercial function
- Familiarity with franchise and shared service models inclusive of various fee and funding streams and the rules and regulations surrounding the use of each fee stream
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!