Supports Accounting processes by performing general accounting duties as assigned in accordance with departmental and company guidelines and standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Handles daily remittance scanning, verifying reports, preparing cash envelopes, and updating database.
- Verifies accounts by balancing daily claims check register; reconciling bank statements.
- Verifies billing report; mails out daily refund and dividend checks.
- Prepares daily incoming mail by opening envelopes; distributing bills to appropriate person.
- Assists with various Finance department projects as assigned.
- Assists Billing department with daily recording and balancing of receivables.
- Files accounts payable invoices and other statements by storing in assigned cabinet.
- Prepares daily salvage and subrogation copies and distributes to appropriate department; verifies reports by reconciling to actual checks received.
- Images paper permanent documents to network folder.
- Contributes to team effort by providing backup and assistance to the accounting department when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pursuing an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Knowledge of accounting topics.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of at least one accounting course.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Accounts Payable and Receivable system, Internet, and e-mail software.
- Office experience.