Summary of Basic Functions
The Accounting Clerk is a non-exempt staff position and is responsible for the maintenance of all financial records.
Reports To: Finance Director
Requirements: Associate's degree in accounting or business administration. Computer network, word processing, spreadsheet experience. Able to work effectively in a rapidly changing, time sensitive environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Accounts Receivable and Payable Processing
- Manages accounts payable and receivable processing
- Monitors regular recurring payments, such as mortgage, vendor payments.
- Billing for magazine/website advertisements, products, and rentals.
- Processes member payments
- Other bills as approved by the CEO or COO.
- Manage cash receipts and disbursement records.
2. Operational Activities
- Maintains balances in all financial institution accounts and reconciles accounts and checkbook monthly.
- Coordinates with Membership and accounting clear to ensure members are notified at each billing period of national, state and local non-deductible amounts.
- Prepares pre-audit work requested by CPA.
- Prepare sales tax report monthly.
- Prepare and send broker statements.
- Oversee the purchase function
- Perform cash flow, amortization, projection analysis and job cost analyses as required.
- Update CDB (NAR Record System) for education records (Code of Ethics, etc)
Analysis skills, budgeting, cost accounting, operational accounting, allocations, manage multiple companies, strong interpersonal communications skills, flexible and multi-tasking.
Quickbooks, Compupay or payroll systems, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)