It is the responsibility of the Accounting Clerk (non-gaming) to audit assigned non-gaming departments as required by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) and federal regulations while performing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Statement.
- Audits non-gaming revenue (i.e. food/beverage, hotel, retail and spa) activities to ensure accurate transactions in accordance with MGM Grand Detroit policies and procedures.
- Researches, reconciles and resolves all variances occurring within non-gaming departments and documents all instances of non-compliance.
- Records audit totals daily in a timely manner.
- Generates daily, weekly and month-end reports, and responds to requests from management for standard departmental reports.
- Performs required MGCB audit procedures. Reports discrepancies to department management for appropriate handling.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year general accounting and/or two years or more of Bank Teller experience. Six months of practical bookkeeping and/or auditing experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, and Excel. Proficiency testing will be required.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Strong problem solving and listening skills.
- Bilingual abilities preferred.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry up to twenty (20) pounds at a time.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
- Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
- Ability to function and act independently.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Obtain/maintain Michigan Gaming Control Board Level 2 Occupational License.