Zywave, an industry leading software company, is seeking a Technical Writer to develop and maintain technical documentation along with supporting materials relating to Web-based applications.
As a Zywave Technical Writer, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Develops end-user documentation, providing information on the value of product functionality as well as how to perform a specific task.
- Supports internal staff by reviewing suggested improvements and communicating the value specific documentation provides to our customers.
- Write, edit, and format content to create and update product user’s guides, technical manuals, online help documentation, tutorials, instructional videos, and supporting training materials for a variety of applications.
- Work in a collaborative environment with the client service staff, implementation team, quality assurance team and developers delivering the value proposition of our products as well as documenting the steps to perform a task.
- Focus on improving product utilization by understanding our customers’ needs, and writing in a style that ensures they can easily understand how to incorporate tasks into their day-to-day functions.
- Be a key player in the development process, working with the product Developers to brainstorm how to create an exceptional user experience within the Zywave products.
- Develop, write, and maintain: online help, user’s guides, user interface text, and additional resources as needed.
- Effectively communicate product value and use by writing in a conversational tone, avoiding getting too technical.
- Follow the Learning Development style guide and Microsoft Manual of Style to ensure consistency in all Zywave product documentation.
- Collaborate with other technical writers and marketing writers to provide peer editing and define corporate writing standards.
- Two to four years experience in technical writing with a sound understanding of software documentation.
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, or a related field.
- Ability to develop end-user documents, including user manuals, installation guides, and online Help from start to finish.
- Experience following established style guidelines to ensure consistency in writing style, format, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications required.
- Ability to read and write HTML markup (including CSS) at an intermediate level or higher is required.
- Basic understanding of computer programming concepts.
- Experience with the insurance industry is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities to meet project timelines and goals.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write for multiple audiences and organize information from multiple sources into coherent content in an effective, clean and concise documentation.
Our mission is to help insurance brokers and financial planners, no matter the size of their business, gain profitable market share and compete nationally through our innovative products and services. Our Web-based technology solutions range from financial forecasting applications to marketing communications and data analysis tools. Every day we look for new and innovative ways to help our clients add depth to their organizations and grow their business – even in today’s changing economy.
We offer an excellent compensation and employee benefit package, including medical and dental, vision discounts, flexible spending accounts, Roth and traditional 401(k), 401(k) match, generous paid time off, on-site dry cleaning and much more!
We are also an earth-friendly corporation, working in a “green" constructed building, close to walking/running trails and great dining options.
Click the apply button to complete our short application process--it should take you less than 5 minutes--just upload your resume and electronically sign our Applicant Statement to complete and submit your application. A member of our team will personally review your application and contact you, typically within two business days, if we believe you are a fit for Zywave.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.