Our company began in 1934 as the Brower Paper Company. In 1956, we merged with the Martin Paper Company and purchased a controlling interest in the National Paper Napkin Manufacturing Company, becoming the Martin-Brower Paper Company.
But what made 1956 such a pivotal year for our company is that it marked the beginning of our extraordinary relationship with McDonald’s. Ray Kroc selected the Martin-Brower Paper Company to supply the paper products to his very first restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois.
As McDonald’s grew, so did our company, and several acquisitions and consolidations followed. In 1964 we became known simply as The Martin-Brower Company, having dropped the word "Paper" from our name to better reflect our diverse range of products and services.