In every La Petite Academy classroom, you will find a hands-on approach to learning with a balance of child-chosen experiences that occur in our Learning Centers mixed with teacher-directed group learning experiences. Our Learning Centers foster independence, problem-solving and curiosity by allowing children to choose their own activities and experiment with materials in different ways.
La Petite Academy teachers and staff come from a variety of education backgrounds, but they all have a few things in common: a love for education, a passion for teaching and a dedication to providing the best possible experience for your children.
La Petite Academy teachers give individual attention to each child to help plan a curriculum that meets each child’s specific developmental needs. This ongoing, daily assessment is an essential part of knowing the right type and amount of activities that will encourage continual growth and learning.
La Petite Academy was established in 1968, with the purchase of seven university-sponsored schools. A pioneer in education-based care, La Petite Academy formulated the Journey Curriculum, which sets the standard for early childhood education.
In 2007, we became part of the Learning Care Group family. Learning Care Group is one of the largest providers of early childhood care and educational services in the United States.
As a leader in child education and family solutions, we are committed to developing innovative educational solutions.
Through our leadership and passion, we will:
• Provide a safe, caring and enriched environment that promotes learning and the development of the whole child.
• Develop lifelong relationships, create family solutions and enhance the quality of life for our families.
• Provide a fun, challenging work environment that fosters teamwork, inspires excellence and encourages the contribution of all our members.
• Provide superior support and service to our schools and leverage technology to develop innovative learning products and solutions.
As we have grown, we’ve developed significant resources, such as our own Education Department to set programs and curriculums, as well as top training and professional development for our teachers. Each Academy operates the way any good neighborhood business does. We know our community and we understand how best to serve the parents and children who live there.
When it comes to employees, our standards are high. La Petite Academy is staffed by dedicated teachers who possess the training, skills and passion to create engaging and cheerful learning environments that help your child reach his or her potential.
We strive to create a rewarding environment of growth, not only for our students, but also for our staff, which is apparent in our dedication to continued education and employee development.
All La Petite Academy educators:
• Meet all state requirements.
• Complete an extensive training program of the Academy’s standards and specialized curriculum.
• Receive in-depth training that gives them further insight on child-care and child-development issues.
• Are offered professional development opportunities through our La Petite Education and Training Departments.
• Complete annual training to continually enhance their skills and knowledge on topics like handling challenging behaviors or improving curriculums for math and science.
Joining the Learning Care Group team entitles our employees to a list of benefit options to go along with our training and advancement opportunities!
Learning Care Group is committed to being an employer of choice and has many benefit options available to full- and part-time associates, including:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans available to eligible associates
• 401(k) savings plan
• Child-care discount
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation, holiday and sick time
• Paid training
*Benefits may vary based on the average the number of hours worked.